DD v2.05 -> v2.10 upgrade.
follow these instructions PRECISELY and you'll be happy sysop.
1) backup your old bbs dir for example "tar zcvf my_board.tar.gz /home/bbs/"
2) untar the daydream (http://www.cs.uku.fi/~hlyytine/daydream-2.10/)
3) run "./configure"
4) run "make"
5) go to /home/bbs where your dd v2.05 is located and do "rm * -rf"
6) run "make install" to dd v2.10 untar dir.
done, DD is installed. then for the upgrade part, copy your old daydream.cfg
to the /home/bbs and edit it, add line "FLOODKILLTRIG 10" somewhere
before the conferences part.
7) run "./utils/ddcfg daydream.cfg" in /home/bbs dir.
8) copy your old userdata.dat file to the current /home/bbs/data/ dir.
9) do "chown -R bbs.bbs /home/bbs/".
done, if everything went well you should have now DayDream v2.10 installed
with your old userdatas active. of course the bbs color scheme & design
is still default daydream, the next section covers the cosmetics.
first part of cosmetics...
1) go to your old display/iso dir and "cp * /home/bbs/display/iso/".
2) go to your old bulletins dir and "cp * /home/bbs/bulletins/".
3) go to your old batch/ dir and "cp * /home/bbs/batch/".
4) go to your old configs/ dir and "cp * /home/bbs/configs/".
5) do "mkdir /home/bbs/logfiles" go to your old logfiles/
dir and "cp * /home/bbs/logfiles/".
done... at least this far ;)
next is the magical strings.001 file, this gets pretty tricky let
me tell you. Use the strconv.pl script to convert your old strings file.
(TEMP NOTE: strconv guide is coming soon...)
Eh tell you the truth this cosmetics 1-5 parts came from my memory,
so DONT KILL me if you fuck everything up by following these
;) heh ok ok, it sould work 99.9% trust me. I must say this because
I've havent tested itself NOW, but I've done own installation like mentioned